DjangoBooks.com

Django in June?

kungfumonk007kungfumonk007 ✭✭✭✭
in Welcome Posts: 421

I have heard that Django in June will be happening 2022 but don't see any line-up info. Really I just want to spend a week learning rhythm from Max :o) in case Andrew is checking in here for ideas. . .

Comments

• geese_comgeese_com Madison, WINew 503

The dates are tentative June 13-19, 2022 based on what I have been seeing from Facebook comments but nothing has been finalized as of today.

Either way, I am planning on taking that week off of work just in case.

Buco

I imagine it's still very difficult to plan international travel. I'm counting on it happening although it's all a coin flip really.

Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • nomadgtrnomadgtr Colorado Bumgarner, Marin, Holo, Barault

Hey Aaron, if you're looking to spend time with Max specifically, he'll be at the Crested Butte Gypsy Jazz Camp in July as well.

Also DiJ is still in the works and likely to happen.

Digby
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • AndrewLawrenceAndrewLawrence Northampton, MA✭✭

Hi Monk! I've been updating that page over the last few days, so you can see many of the artists we'll have on board for 2022. Buco is right, that planning for international travel (including a long work visa process) is something that has to start in the fall, which just wasn´t possible this year. So the Europeans we'll have on board in 2022 -- Olli Soikkeli, Duved Dunayevski, Daniel Garlitsky, Denis Pol -- are mostly those who either live in the US now or were already planning to be in the States around that time. 20 years ago, that would have made an event of this size impossible; now, the talent pool in the US is really deep. Max is a good example! :) He'll be here. Hope you can join us...

Buco