DjangoBooks.com

Carlos CS + Henriksen bud?

Howdy all,

I really dig the convenience:sound of the carlos cs, but I haven't been too happy with it through my current AER compact 60. the amp only sounds decent with a mic, and it sounds a little brittle with the CS (and other piezos). for magnetic pickups, i have a small tube amp that sounds good.

Anyone tried the CS with a Henriksen? I like the eq setup on the amp and have been considering selling the aer to switch to the bud.

thanks

Comments

• ChiefbigeasyChiefbigeasy New Orleans, LA✭✭✭ Dupont MDC 50; The Loar LH6, AJL Silent Guitar

Make sure you have good placement on the guitar, the “sweet spot” as described in the instructions and in numerous videos online.

Next, get yourself an inexpensive Five-band graphic equalizer stomp box. This will help shape the sound to your liking through just about any amp.

Manufacturer says, however, that regular tube amps don’t work very well. The AER should sound fine if you have the “sweet spot“ and the graphic equalizer in line. I imagine the Henriksen, Schertler and other amps like it would work. Just don’t expect much from plugging it into a Fender.

• ScoredogScoredog Santa Barbara, Ca✭✭✭✭

I am a little hesitant to post as I have all three items in question but it is not my main setup.

My guess is you will like the Bud a bit more for the CS but not dramatically. I like the CS for convience too and on some gigs that's just fine but it is not a perfect solution for most.

• ChristopheCaringtonChristopheCarington San Francisco, CA USANew Dupont MD50, Stringphonic Favino, Altamira Chorus

I know we were just talking about this the other night - thinking about the CS sensor's I've heard and liked, they were all internally mounted. Perhaps that has something to do with it.

Band-aid fix I agree with @Chiefbigeasy about having an EQ pedal in the mix so you can hard notch some frequencies. But now you're bringing even more gear which is 🤮

I think the Carlos CS can be combined with an internal mic with blending knobs. It might be marketed as the Carlos CS VIP system?

Any recommendations for a good, inexpensive five-band EQ?