DjangoBooks.com

A Really Bad Idea...Epic Hip Hop Gypsy Jazz

ScoredogScoredog Santa Barbara, Ca✭✭✭✭
edited February 2022 in Welcome Posts: 871

So with things slow here and having made an Apocalyptic drone library for a client (don't ask) I jokingly said we should do Epic Gypsy Jazz next. She jumped in on the joke and said "yeah add hip hop". I was going to ignore it but went "ah what the heck" lets see what happens. Anyway I put a few hours in and figured that's enough to subject you guys to this (yeah guys, have never seen a woman here) and if you read this far you are going to click on this even against your better judgement.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8l9xyczqzjdofd3/Epic%20Django.mp3?dl=0

BucoWillieBonesMichaelHorowitzbbwood_98

Comments

I'm resisting to click on this...

Bonesbbwood_98
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel

.... and I couldn't no more... could've been worse but let's not go there again.

Scoredog
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • WillieWillie HamburgNew

In any case not worse than a lot of the pop stuff to which one is exposed.

bbwood_98Scoredog
  • MaFrMaFr AustriaNew G. Mateos Jazz B

Well, I clicked and….

it reminds me on the Metallica album with that classical orchestra. My brain can’t really handle things like that!

Scoredog
  • richter4208richter4208 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2022 Posts: 521

When Score inks a deal to have this used on the upcoming Desperate Housewives of Paris soundtrack who will be laughing then?

BucoScoredog
  • bbwood_98bbwood_98 Brooklyn, NyProdigy Vladimir music! Les Effes. . Its the best!

@Scoredog - no one has bars for you?

Seems like it might need that - with a good vocal could be nice actually. IMHO the rhythm and harmonic variations (while less then we do in jazz) might be to much. and I prefer most of my Rap/Hip-hop to be slightly higher tempo.

In other news, there are a few artists that have created interesting art blending these to styles (Syntax and DJ Godzy with David Reinhardt (and others), and Sinti Mentality - I am sure there is a lot more that I haven't found yet.

B.

Scoredog
  • ScoredogScoredog Santa Barbara, Ca✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2022 Posts: 871

Actually they just opened a bar up the street from me Ben... Mesa Brew!

Thanks for the listen guys!...the whole thing as mentioned is kind of a joke but you never know where something weird lands as Jesse pointed out. Ben, if I was producing a rap/hiphop track...check "I Am the Streets" on my site, pretty much the direction I go (that was well over 12 yrs ago just as rap hip hop was beginning to stick orchestra on tracks)...that said I need a rapper as that part is way out of my wheel house....beats and orchestration I'm fine doing.

Anyway back to your regularly scheduled Gypsy Jazz.

Bucobbwood_98
  • bbwood_98bbwood_98 Brooklyn, NyProdigy Vladimir music! Les Effes. . Its the best!

Craig - will check it out!

I'd be rather intersted in a live band hip-hop/jazz/Gypsy jazz project someday. (the Looprat crew in St Louis are great, and doing some cool things in this genre as is Nola's Galactic - though they are not always hip-hop, but colab with Boyfriend, Princess Shaw, Miss Charm Taylor) loads of cool music out there!

B.

• ScoredogScoredog Santa Barbara, Ca✭✭✭✭

I’ll check them out!…thanks!

also will email you back.

• BonesBones Moderator

Hey ScoreDog (great rap name BTW). Russ has made a ton of beats. U guys should do a collaboration :-)

Scoredog