DjangoBooks.com

DIY Unconventional

I love how this guy just gets it done with whatever he has. Not a GJ guitar but a fun watch. Check the series on his channel if you like.

(31766) DIY Guitar - Cara Membuat Gitar Tipis, Part 2 (Neck and Spine) - YouTube

Buco

Comments

He eyeballs almost everything.

Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • GouchGouch FennarioNew ALD Originale D, Zentech Proto, ‘50 D28

I liked his non-stick ultra-flexible long rubber clamping strip. That would work well for cranking in wooden bindings nice and tight during glue day.

Also, the guy 👍 uses the same headstock scarf joint as I do- it works well structurally (including on much higher-tension instruments).

• BonesBones Moderator

Gouch. Yeah I've heard of people using the rubber band thing for binding.

Buco. That's what I was thinking but I'm sure there is a lot of measuring/analysis we don't see. That said, you can do a lot by eye.

Buco

Maybe eyeballing isn't the right word...more like absence of jigs, lots of freehanded work.

• BonesBones Moderator

Buco, yeah I know what you mean. Like the fret slots. But actually a lot of eyeball shaping goes on if you don't have a CNC like the neck profile especially.

Buco

That cracked me up, when he started slotting for the frets. I was like "wait, that's it!?" haha. These flattops he built, as in literally flattops, actually sounds good amplified. And they intonate too. Acoustically they're like silent practice guitar. Very unique.