DjangoBooks.com

Eddie Lang Challenge 2022... closes on June 15

2»

Comments

I was thinking the same as well. Bad timing. But I enjoyed last year's competition. :)

billyshakesBillDaCostaWilliams
  • Lango-DjangoLango-Django Niagara-On-The-Lake, ONModerator
    edited June 2022 Posts: 1,855

My apologies to Buco, the only entrant in this year's competition.

Since the contest ended on June 15, I've neglected to post his entry.

I've been tied up with our new deck addition, for which I made the stairs...turned out nice!

So finally my construction project is finished so I could mix and post this long-delayed recording of Buco's guitar accompanying Willie's vocal on a great 1929 tune "Just a Gigolo"...

Thanks, Buco!

Will

WillieMichaelHorowitzBillDaCostaWilliamsBuco
    Paul Cezanne: "I could paint for a thousand years without stopping and I would still feel as though I knew nothing."

Edgar Degas: "Only when he no longer knows what he is doing does the painter do good things.... To draw, you must close your eyes and sing."

Georges Braque: "In art there is only one thing that counts: the bit that can’t be explained."
  • billyshakesbillyshakes NoVA✭✭✭ Park Avance - Dupont Nomade - Dupont DM-50E

Is it wrong that I keep waiting for the "Humala bebuhla zeebuhla boobuhla Humala bebuhla zeebuhla bop" part? All apologies to the original lyricist, but Dave taught me this song when I was just a kid.... 😁

Buco
  • billyshakesbillyshakes NoVA✭✭✭ Park Avance - Dupont Nomade - Dupont DM-50E

btw, Will, congrats on your new addition. Looks cozy and ready for a jam.

Yeah, great deck for a jam! Thank you.

Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • BillDaCostaWilliamsBillDaCostaWilliams Barreiro, Portugal✭✭✭ Mateos, Altamira M01F, Huttl

Congrats Buco (and Willie).

Voice and guitar work together nicely on this sparse but very listenable arrangement.

Intro sounds authentic 🙂

WillieBuco
  • Lango-DjangoLango-Django Niagara-On-The-Lake, ONModerator

Oopsie!

The timing was slightly off.

I have re-posted the corrected MP3 above, but here it is again, for those who are too lazy to scroll...

BucoBillDaCostaWilliams
    Paul Cezanne: "I could paint for a thousand years without stopping and I would still feel as though I knew nothing."

Edgar Degas: "Only when he no longer knows what he is doing does the painter do good things.... To draw, you must close your eyes and sing."

Georges Braque: "In art there is only one thing that counts: the bit that can’t be explained."