DjangoBooks.com

You need this guitar....or probably not.

SwedeinLASwedeinLA New
in Classifieds Posts: 42

Found this gem on craigslist. No name, no info, just shiny pics of Django....haha. Talked to the guy and he could not give me a brand name or any info, only that true guitar players don't need to know that. First he had the ad out for about $900, then as of late (reasonable offers). I offered him $170, which is what you pay for an Alibaba knock off. He got furious and the name calling started.

Class act for sure...haha

Buco

Comments

• djangologydjangology Portland, OregonModerator

Ha ha . Classic scam

• JDRookeJDRooke New

Piling on cuz this kind of stuff bugs me. So far, from my interactions with the seller, I've gathered that it is labelled ADM on the headstock and on the inside. It's this thing.. https://www.amazon.ca/ADM-JG751-Solid-Gypsy-Guitar/dp/B00ZPUINKY/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8. Basically, at best, it's a guitar that has sold for $300 or so that he claims is a $900-1200 rebranded Eastman.

tnhughes
  • SwedeinLASwedeinLA New
    edited April 2022 Posts: 42

Yep. Karma will get him in the end. I strongly dislike people trying to peddle their "junk" to other unsuspecting victims. I would like to think that most jazz guys, interested in GJ, knows what they want and wouldn't fall for that kind of stuff. It might be a wall hanger kind of buy for someone. And that person will potentially buy a POS for more than it's worth. Hopefully not.

tnhughes
  • tnhughestnhughes San Diego, CA, USANew Stringphonic 503 Advanced

"Mfg. ADM model JG751. Has solid Spanish cedar top same as Jose Ramirez 1a concert classical. Professional setup. Best value and best pluck for your buck."

Above is the message I received when I reached out about these guitars back in February.

SwedeinLA
  • crookedpinkycrookedpinky Glasgow✭✭✭✭ Alex Bishop D Hole, Altamira M & JWC D hole

There are some real chancers out there trying to make a profit on really crap or average guitars. There was a guy on Ebay UK selling a copy of a "Maccaferri Royal Grand Atherton" model. No such guitar ever existed. To add even more nonsense he mentioned the designer - who I had never heard of - and the fact that it was built by an unnamed Chinses master luthier who was now dead so there wouldn't be any more of these built. The guitar in question was a typical Chinese knock off that I've bought from Alibaba for £150 including a semi rigid hard case and shipping. Best pluck for your buck indeed.

Buco
    always learning
  • BonesBones Moderator

WHAT? SOUNDS LEGIT.....

Bucotnhughes