DjangoBooks.com

Guitar set up question...

I might prefer certain things that someone else doesn't.....

Question: If I buy a guitar from here at Djangobooks, or through Djangobooks at the Reverb store, can I have the guitar set up to my specifics, or does John Saba set it up to his specs?

For me personally that is very important. I have paid for local set ups before here in Los Angeles (electric guitars), only to change it as soon as I got home.

I get the feeling that certain luthiers do it their way (a generic way) because that is what they deem the best, and not necessarily what the customer deem the best. For instance, a touring musician get it set up to his (the artists) liking, not the other way around....Learning to like what the tech does.

I guess my question is.... Do I have a say so in how I want it to be set up?

Comments

• BonesBones Moderator

ask Michael

SwedeinLA
  • MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator

@SwedeinLA Sure, we can usually accommodate custom specs with the free setup. However, if your needs are unusual it could require more work so that would require additional setup fees. Most people just tell us what action they like and John will set it up at that height.

SwedeinLA
  • SwedeinLASwedeinLA New

Thank you Michael. I appreciate that very much. I am considering buying at the reverb store cause I can pay with Affirm there, Cant afford the full buy right now. How would that work, would I just buy one then contact you guys via reverb for the details? or contact first ,then buy?

What do you recommend?

• MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator

You can contact me through Reverb or directly through DjangoBooks. Either way is fine. Thanks!