DjangoBooks.com

Duved in Chicago?????

Comments

• geese_comgeese_com Madison, WINew 503

Here's a video of Cloud Castles from last night's show with me playing rhythm:

BucoWilliebillyshakesJSantaBillDaCostaWilliamsrudolfochristAndrewUlle

Are there more where that came from?

Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel

Unfortunately I didn't record last night's show. Someone sent me that audience video.

• richter4208richter4208 ✭✭✭

That is some masterful playing, nice Duved.

• AndrewUlleAndrewUlle Cleveland, OH✭✭✭ Cigano GJ-15

In our case we were fortunate that all of Duved's shows are within 6 hours' drive from one to the next - he's packing 16 shows into a 19-day span. Hopefully he can return and do a southeastern US tour soon!

I just finished playing 4 consecutive days with them and they are taking a well deserved break today. You definitely do not want to miss out on seeing them if you are not too far away from where they are playing.

Heck, I drove to 2.5 hours to the Chicago area and back on a weeknight last Wednesday to see them play then I had to work the next day. It was totally worth it.

BucobillyshakesBillDaCostaWilliamsAndrewUlle1cutaway
  • tomcunntomcunn ✭✭✭

agreed; saw him in Madison

absolutely worth a trip/ and the fiddler Garlitsky is amazing as well. anyone know anything about him?

Daniel is over the top good, and then some. His intonation is what impressed me the most. Because even with some of the best of them, intonation isn't always on the money, at least to my ear, and takes away from otherwise usually stellar playing. So after I saw them in Chicago some years back I walked up to him and told him how I was impressed with his intonation. Which was a really asinine comment as I felt afterwards, because he looked at me with "the f@¢k you talking about man..." look and after a 3 second pause said "thank you" haha 🤦

billyshakesAndrewUlleBillDaCostaWilliamswim
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel

Here are the last run of shows in Wisconsin and Illinois before the guys started heading east for Django in June

Sunday, June 5 from 7-10PM @ Shaker's Cigar Bar in Milwaukee, WI

Monday, June 6 from 7-10PM @ Baker Street Burgers in Rockford, IL

Tuesday, June 7 from 6:30-9:30PM @ Encore! at The Little Gem Cafe in Oak Park, IL

Wednesday, June 8 from 8:30-10:30PM @ Untitled Supper Club in Chicago, IL

I will be playing on the June 5th and 6th shows.

The rest of the dates can be found on Daniel's website:

BucoBillDaCostaWilliamsrudolfochristJSanta