DjangoBooks.com

Gypsy Jazz in Scotland

PhilPhil Portland, ORModerator Anastasio
in Europe Posts: 765

Any GJ gigs/jams in Scotland? Will be visiting Glasgow and Edinburgh in September.

Cheers Phil 🥃🥃🥃

Comments

• AndyWAndyW Glasgow Scotland UK✭✭✭ Clarinets & Saxes- Selmer, Conn, Buescher, Leblanc et.al. // Guitars: Gerome, Caponnetto, Napoli, Musicalia, Bucolo, Sanchez et. al.

hiya Phil - the fortnightly Thursday Glasgow Jam has just lost its venue due to change of pub ownership, but should hopefully have a new home by the time you get here - I'll get in touch with the guy who tuns it, who's called Ian.

- there's a once-a-month jam in Edinburgh is first Wedneday of each month.

both jams are on facebook, which seems to be the place where most of the organising & announcements happen- search for "Hot Club of Avalon" and "Hot club of Edinburgh", and there's also a "Gypsy jazz uk" facebook group, with more gig listings, etc.

Myself and a few of the guys can hopefully put together a small jam session in a pub for you in Glasgow - are you bringing a guitar??

-Andy-

• Micky DunneMicky Dunne Liverpool UK✭✭✭✭ Olivier Marin, JWC Modele Orchestre, AJL La Flasque

Shame you’re not going in October…

http://www.butejazz.com/

AndyW
    Fast and bulbous

www.manouchetones.com
  • PhilPhil Portland, ORModerator Anastasio

Andy thanks for the reply...sent you a pm.

Micky, thanks for the info... sorry to be missing that especially Duved, who I've always wanted to see live.

Cheers Phil

AndyW
  • crookedpinkycrookedpinky Glasgow✭✭✭✭ Alex Bishop D Hole, Altamira M & JWC D hole

Hi Phil, it's Alan Gow here - known as Crookedpinky on this forum. Great to hear you're visiting Scotland and it would be great to have a jam with you. My compatriot and fellow Hot Club of Glasgow mainstay Andy - the best wind player in Scotland - has already commented. Sadly the Covid pandemic put paid to the Hot Club of Glasgow so I was pleased that the Hot Club of Avalon got started only to hear it's been put on hold for the moment. The Edingurgh session is a great session and I'd recommend visiting that if possible.

Hopefully we'll catch up when you visit, Cheers, Alan.

AndyW
    always learning
  • PhilPhil Portland, ORModerator Anastasio

Thanks Alan, sent you a pm. Slainte! Phil

AndyW