DjangoBooks.com

does my guitar need a neck reset ?

2»

Comments

• BonesBones Moderator

Oh I see. Well that shows great integrity on his part by doing the right thing. A neck reset is nontrivial.

Yeah, Risto is awesome.

Another thing on the OP picture that looks similar to my guitar at the time is that tailpiece was pretty much resting on the top. Yes, neck reset is a lengthy job. You can buy a budget GJ guitar, if not brand new then definitely used, for the money it takes to get it done.

Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • jonpowljonpowl Hercules, CA✭✭✭ Dupont MD-100, Altamira M01F

If you're in Santa Cruz, stop by Sylvan Music. They have a decent repair dept. and normally have a GJ guitar or two sitting around.

update

after receiving no response from Gerard Egan I contacted Robert @ Keith Holland. he informed me that Gerard is on tour and offered Gerard's ph. # I'll call and see if his schedule permits looking over my project sooner rather than later. in the meantime Robert has offered to inspect the guitar and take some photos of the interior to pass along to contacts he has in France. an earlier attempt at verifying the lineage of the piece was not entirely positive. (the neck is not typical of what we think of for a Favino)

Buco

Even if not a Favino it seems like it would be worth getting it back to the best playable shape. Good luck with it.

Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel