DjangoBooks.com

DjangoFest NW 2022 | Blog

DjangoBooksDjangoBooks Seattle✭✭✭ All of them!
edited September 2022 in North America Posts: 446
imageDjangoFest NW 2022 | Blog

Posted by Michael Horowitz on September 20, 2022 at 8:21 am in News.

Read the full story here

Comments

• MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator

See you all there! I'll have my usual table with guitars, books, picks, etc.

richter4208BillDaCostaWilliamsScoredogBuco
  • ScoredogScoredog Santa Barbara, Ca✭✭✭✭

Though I had met Michael before I finally had the pleasure of playing with him. Festival off to a great start!

BucobillyshakesMichaelHorowitzBillDaCostaWilliamsmac63000
  • billyshakesbillyshakes NoVA✭✭✭ Park Avance - Dupont Nomade - Dupont DM-50E

Are Greg Ruby and Troy Chapman going to join back up with Pearl Django for an alumni jam? Did you bring Neil with you as well Scoredog?!

• ScoredogScoredog Santa Barbara, Ca✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2022 Posts: 872

Gonzalo was fantastic last nite. He played a Gypsy Jazz guitar but in no way was it a Gypsy Jazz concert. Not a single swing tune and in an environment where there are loads of swing jams it was refreshing to hear an alternative. Lots of appreciative people and lots of jammers milling about town. Reminds me of a South African town where the penguins invade every year, kind of nice for them to show but after awhile it’s ok, thanks for coming, time to go. On a side note I got to put together a small ensemble and we were the outdoor act to warm up the audience before Gonzalo. Felt honored enough to post that.

Billy, I don’t know how they will do the jam on Sunday. Neil is a bit of a recluse these days (mostly since Covid). We converse regularly but he is hanging mostly at home and painting.

BucoMichaelHorowitzBillDaCostaWilliamstnhughes