DjangoBooks.com

Georges Brassens - Je Me Suis Fait Tout Petit [Guitar Main Theme]

DoubleWhiskyDoubleWhisky Upper FranconiaNew Dupont MD60, 1940s Castelluccia

My attempt at the main guitar theme of "Je Me Suis Fait Tout Petit" by Georges Brassens. The versions I found on Youtube all had way different fingerings. This version is not 100 percent there yet regarding phrasing but to my ears at least this fingering sounds a bit closer to the original recording.

Maybe it's of interest for somebody on here:

BucoBillDaCostaWilliams

Comments

• scotscot Virtuoso
    edited October 2022 Posts: 653

That sounds great to me! The CD by Patrick Saussois and Koen de Kauter "Un p'tit Coin d'Paradis..." is my favorite recording of Brassens songs - great playing and singing throughout. Koen de Kauter's vocals are in French with a Flemish accent (!), he plays soprano sax on some tunes, and both guitarists are great interpreters of this kind of music. It's on spotify...

There is also "Pour un petite bonheur postume" also by Koen de Kauter and also excellent in every way.

billyshakesBuco
  • BillDaCostaWilliamsBillDaCostaWilliams Barreiro, Portugal✭✭✭ Mateos, Altamira M01F, Huttl

Came across a striking vocal version by Camille Bertault:

BucoAndyW
  • B25GibB25Gib Bremerton WA✭✭✭✭ Holo Busato, Dell'Arte Hommage, Gitane D-500, Eastman AR805

Great song you picked and good playing. Haven't heard that Brassens one before. Love his work.

DoubleWhisky
  • billyshakesbillyshakes NoVA✭✭✭ Park Avance - Dupont Nomade - Dupont DM-50E
  • AndyWAndyW Glasgow Scotland UK✭✭✭ Clarinets & Saxes- Selmer, Conn, Buescher, Leblanc et.al. // Guitars: Gerome, Caponnetto, Napoli, Musicalia, Bucolo, Sanchez et. al.
    edited October 2022 Posts: 600

no tailpiece on those D-holes , are they nylon-strung ?? (sounds great)

Probably a nylon Dupont. Sebastien likes playing those. He actually said in the class that most GJ guitars are too bright for him.

AndyW
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • DoubleWhiskyDoubleWhisky Upper FranconiaNew Dupont MD60, 1940s Castelluccia
    edited October 2022 Posts: 139

That Camille Bertault is a quite refreshing interpretation with it's very own twist on it, really cool. Not the biggest fan of the version with Sebastien Giniaux posted above to be honest. Of course, he is a gifted and extremely creative guitarist and I like much of his stuff, but in a song like that in my opinion it's all about the song as a whole and the vocals. For that reason I really like this take:

Even though it's quite different from the original, the vocals have "room to breathe" just like with Brassens and everything that happens instrumentally adds value to the whole song.

billyshakesBillDaCostaWilliamsWillie