DjangoBooks.com

Pickups: Krivo, Ischell, Manouche

edited October 2022 in Classifieds Posts: 1,231

I'm getting rid of some old pickups I have.

Krivo Nuevo Classic - Some pick checking on the pickup. I bought it used and used it maybe once or twice. Single coil sound. I used it on my AJL XO, which was my backup for awhile. SOLD

Manouche Picks contact pickup - $90 shipped. US I used it once. Tone is there for the price. This one went aside as I wasn't interested in contact microphone pickups. It has a well deserved rep.

Ischell Inside Box + CPJ - Pickup, power supply. I do not have the mounting putty. This comes with the case for all. This one served me very well for years. $250 shipped

Schertler Basik - $75 shipped - Half of the mounting putty is used. Have the original carrying case. Good pickup that just needs to be placed right and EQ'd.

Cleaning shop. Make offers if you'd like via DM only.

Thanks,

Jim

Comments

• I have zero plans to use any of these pickups and have been sitting around doing nothing. If you are looking for your first pickup, are curious about one of these, are looking for a backup, there are a few options here.

Make a a reasonable offer. Worst I can say is no.

Buco

So what's your go-to setup these days?

Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • I was using the Peche la Mouche forever prior to my accident. I haven't played GJ style in 9 months live, so I have no setup. But if I do, I will likely go with the same.

wimTwang

I'm very sorry to hear that. Not playing for so long...sounds serious. Can you play at all at this point...doing well now?

Jim Kaznosky
  • I lost about a half inch of my fretting hand middle finger in a work accident. I knew it would be a while so I started playing lap steel and went down that rabbit hole. I started playing a little while ago and am gently working my way back. Honestly, it's been a positive experience because I got to see music in a completely new way.

I'll take that deal any day: losing a little bit of a finger and come out with another instrument.

Anyway, looking to fund a pro grade lap steel and anything I haven't used has been up for grabs.

Buco

That's tough, glad you have a positive outlook.

All good pickups there.

• billyshakesbillyshakes NoVA✭✭✭ Park Avance - Dupont Nomade - Dupont DM-50E

When Tony Iommi lost 2 of his fingertips before the first Black Sabbath album, he was inspired by Django's story and it helped him keep playing. I wonder/hope if his rubber fingertip solution might be something that could help you get back to the axe? That would truly be the "circle of life." Lap steel is cool too, though. Lots of great Hawaiian music and there is also Speedy West, of course!

https://patient-innovation.com/post/1662?language=en

• I’ve been gigging with the steel for about seven months. Listen to Joaquin Murphy and tell me that’s not incredible.

i Don’t need the tips. I lost some height and feeling but I’m progressing fine. Thanks

billyshakesDoubleWhiskyBuco
  • jonpowljonpowl Hercules, CA✭✭✭ Dupont MD-100, Altamira M01F
    edited October 2022 Posts: 705

David Lindley plays nice steel guitar. I think he played with Jackson Browne from 1971-1981, and plays a lot of other instruments, as well. Red Neck Friend comes to mind as an example of Lindley's great steel guitar work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Quv21Vv4Rfk

Jim Kaznosky
  • edited October 2022 Posts: 1,231

Yeah. I dove pretty deep. Joaquin Murphy is who I started transcribing a lot of. You all might recognize the solo he copped this off of:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pyYxfIMmcck

Mike Neer is local to me and is pretty modern. He hipped me to all the trailblazers that no one has heard of.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHqt3nFIrrc

Steve Cunningham in Atlanta does some great stuff too:

There's a whole lot going on there, especially with the single note stuff. Anyway, pickups for sale.

billyshakesBuco