DjangoBooks.com

Carlos CS Sensor - $250NZ + Shipping

Hi, I'm selling my CS Sensor if anyone is interested. The sensor is in perfect working order. I've used all the double-sided 3M tape but your local hardware store should have it.

Thanks

Comments

• ChiefbigeasyChiefbigeasy New Orleans, LA✭✭✭ Dupont MDC 50; The Loar LH6, AJL Silent Guitar

With all due respect, Mr. Hill, that’s the price of a new unit, last time I checked. Also, the double sided 3M tape is very specifically chosen for this pickup (it has some thickness and cushions the pickup and guards against feedback), and can be expensive and hard to find. I use this pickup myself and have experimented a lot with its placement and use.

• krzyskrzys New

I remember new units were at least 500nzd landed (including shipping) around April. Probably $600 (including shipping) now with the NZD dropping.

• jonpowljonpowl Hercules, CA✭✭✭ Dupont MD-100, Altamira M01F

$250 NZ is the equivalent of $144 US.

richter4208wimBillDaCostaWilliams
  • ChiefbigeasyChiefbigeasy New Orleans, LA✭✭✭ Dupont MDC 50; The Loar LH6, AJL Silent Guitar

Learn something new every day, Mr. Hill. $144 is not a bad price used, and they tend to be indestructible, as long as the wiring connection is intact.

But, I still recommend potential buyers to look into finding the 3M double side thick gel-like tape that came with this. Also, it must be used with the protective black patch tape (the black circles in the picture) sandwiched in between the 3M tape and the guitar surface. Without it, the 3M tape will damage the guitar finish.

So, I’ll withdraw my comment about the price, but I’d advise potential buyers to understand what you need to make this pickup work correctly. Properly attached to the guitar, it is one of the best sounding pickups I’ve ever owned. I’ve been through a lot of pickups, and I own 2 of these.

Thanks for the comments everyone. Finding the sweet spot can take a bit of experimentation which is why the very limited amount of 3M tape provided inevitably runs out. I never bothered using the black protective patch and had no issues with damage to the body of the guitar. This is the tape I use which is very similar to 3M4910F (3M4910F is very expensive and hard to find as Cheifbigeasy said).

Not that bad, in the states at least. $12 for a 5 yard roll

but I can't see the tape being mission critical. This is just industrial grade so you can put more trust in for the jobs where that matters.

Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • jonpowljonpowl Hercules, CA✭✭✭ Dupont MD-100, Altamira M01F

Two sided tape is used in replacing tennis grips and can be found where one might buy strings, racquets, grips, etc. In the states that would include Holabird, Tennis Express, or Tennis Warehouse. Home Depot also sells two sided tape.