DjangoBooks.com

Integrated tailpiece output jack

There was some discussion about these Integrated tailpiece output jacks a while back and I went ahead and designed one. It has a 1/8" input on the other end so I can remove the pickup and swap with magnetic ones as the situation calls for.

Pretty pleased with the look! Plug 'n' play with no new holes drilled into the guitar... though getting the wood insert out of the DR tailpiece is not as easy as I thought it would be, you definitely need to remove the tailpiece to do it, but I settled on the approach of putting a capo on the 3rd fret, slacking the strings, and unscrewing the tailpiece so I didn't have to restring.

I've been pairing this with a $5 Amazon piezo I found (with my own stylish wood grain duct tape "mod" over it) and to be honest, it sounds pretty great and minimizes futzing around with pickup setup before the gig.

littlemarkjonpowlcassBucoMichaelHorowitzbillyshakesBillDaCostaWilliamsBonesDoubleWhisky

Comments