DjangoBooks.com

String shortage?

ChiefbigeasyChiefbigeasy New Orleans, LA✭✭✭ Dupont MDC 50; The Loar LH6, AJL Silent Guitar

Noticed Michael is out of stock on a number of popular string sets, and has been for some time now. Am enjoying my experimentation with some heavier strings, but am worried about future supply of those too. Do I need to hoard and add them to my toilet paper stash?

Buco

Comments

• jazzman3726jazzman3726 USANew Various

Chief

Try Amazon or Just strings. Amazon seems to have a good supply of D'addario's but be careful if you are ordering the Argentines. There are some dicks out there selling individual strings for the price of a set. It's in the fine print. But I got suckered and just received an A string.

• MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator

@Chiefbigeasy just about everything is in stock except the Lenzners. Is that what you’re talking about? I just got a shipment but unfortunately they were entirely soaked so we have to wait for replacements.

• ChiefbigeasyChiefbigeasy New Orleans, LA✭✭✭ Dupont MDC 50; The Loar LH6, AJL Silent Guitar

Yeah, it is Lenzners I’m looking for. Strange about them arriving soaked. WTF!?

Anyway, gave me a chance to explore other strings and gauges. Looking to get back into the 11-47 Lenzner S&S. They seem to last the longest. Have been intrigued about using the .12 and .16 as the 1st two strings. They really have some punch. Anyone else do that?

• MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator