DjangoBooks.com

Les as du musette

PapsPierPapsPier ✭✭
in Repertoire Posts: 426

For the people interested in history of musette, there is a nice project looking for funding: book, CD, vinyls, illustrations by R Crumb.

Be careful when choosing how to get rewarded for support, there is a french and an English version of the book.

(I dont have any connections to this project, I just hope it gets funded so I can read the book :))

https://fr.ulule.com/les-as-du-musette/news/

DoubleWhiskyrudolfochristBillDaCostaWilliamsBuco

Comments

• DoubleWhiskyDoubleWhisky Upper FranconiaNew Dupont MD60, 1940s Castelluccia

Really cool, thanks for sharing!

• billyshakesbillyshakes NoVA✭✭✭ Park Avance - Dupont Nomade - Dupont DM-50E
    edited December 2022 Posts: 1,308

I am SO into getting this. Paps, thanks for sharing the link. Glad to see the quality of this project, both with Dominique (who I became familiar with thanks to his interview of Roger Chaput that he recently put up on youtube) as well as Robert Crumb (both long-time members of Les Primitifs du futur). I look forward to seeing what they put together and hope it will make it across the line.

Just a week left to support this project, in case any of you are interested. There is either a French version of the book or an English version. With 85% of the funding completed, I'm pretty sure the project will go ahead.

DoubleWhisky
  • DoubleWhiskyDoubleWhisky Upper FranconiaNew Dupont MD60, 1940s Castelluccia

98 % now and 6 days to go, so it's really looking good! Ordered the vinyls and the book separately, I couldn't justify the extra 24€ for the usb stick. Thankl you @PapsPier for drawing attention to the project.

I didn't think about that until after I had already ordered. Indeed, that is probably the way to go.

• BillDaCostaWilliamsBillDaCostaWilliams Barreiro, Portugal✭✭✭ Mateos, Altamira M01F, Huttl

Looks to be a wonderful project.

Seems you need to buy the vinyl LPs and CDs together. So book +music comes to 86 euros.

I guess the postage (included) will be higher due to the dimensions of the vinyl. Wish there was a cheaper option to get just the CDs and book.

I've been meaning to write a follow up to take pictures of this boxed set in case people were interested in seeing the finished product. It was nice when it came back in December before the holidays, but then I got busy. I happened to see that the Phono Museum in Paris took some photos so I'll just copy them here as they are composed nicely.

The book could either be in French or English. Top photo shows the book (fr) in the box, along with CDs and the blue double album. Top of the box is back left. The coolest thing though is the USB stick that is in the shape of an accordion. Its the little red and white thing atop the book in the box. You take off the "keyboard" part to access the USB. Bottom photo is of the English book. It was a bit pricy, but the quality of the product was not spared.

For those that missed the crowdfunding campaign but might be interested, I think there are still copies available and you could probably write Christian @ Belgatone for more info. (https://www.discogs.com/label/3347391-Belgatone?page=1)

Source: https://phonomuseum.fr/les-as-du-musette/

rudolfochristBuco

Here's another nice write-up about the project. Scroll down for the English translation of the same article. Christian's e-mail is at the bottom. If you are interested in the history of music, this is a nice reference.