DjangoBooks.com

Nuages unaccompanied

Hi everyone please tell me how great my recording is.. it's lonely practicing for years 😂 my first unaccompanied attempt at anything, wow it is essential for all techniques!!! Thanks all.

BucoBillDaCostaWilliamsvanmalmsteenDoubleWhiskyAndyWJangle_Jamie

Comments

Welcome. There are a lot of nice sounding sections. I would say don't embellish the very beginning phrase so much, leave it clearly recognizable. And it's ok to play it rubato without any groove at times but also you want to establish a time and make it groove at times.

Incidentally, Romain posted a version of it the same day and you can hear how he goes between rubato and groove.

wimbillyshakesBillDaCostaWilliamsDoubleWhiskyAndyWrudolfochrist
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel

Thanks Buco, that's very useful feedback...I'll come back in 5 years with a slightly improved version hopefully 😂😎👍

billyshakesBuco
  • billyshakesbillyshakes NoVA✭✭✭ Park Avance - Dupont Nomade - Dupont DM-50E

5 years....man, you are optimistic! 🤣

Bucorudolfochrist
  • ChrisMartinChrisMartin Shellharbour NSW Australia✭✭ Di Mauro x2, Petrarca, Genovesi, Burns, Kremona Zornitsa & Paul Beuscher resonator.

Ok, lets make it a date; Jan 26th 2028 !

I should have my version kicked in to some sort of shape by then.

Any more takers?

• Jangle_JamieJangle_Jamie Scottish HighlandsNew De Rijk, Gitane 255, 270, 310, 370, 500, Gallato RS1939, Hodson 503, JWC O hole, Alves de Puga MCC nylon

I'll have a go, but may need ten years to get something decent sorted!

Naudo heard you and sending his version for inspiration

billyshakesWillie
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel

So beautiful!!

• ChrisMartinChrisMartin Shellharbour NSW Australia✭✭ Di Mauro x2, Petrarca, Genovesi, Burns, Kremona Zornitsa & Paul Beuscher resonator.

Very nice, and a new name to me,

Oh well, while we are comparing Nuages, I may as well throw a Willie in here too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwJfNbpwrG4