DjangoBooks.com

Uno Roesner Da Capo 75 Amp?

Anyone tried one of these? They sound great with a ‘regular’ steel string but wondering how they sound paired with a Selmer/Mac guitar? Or a nylon string for that matter? I need something with a little more mid than what I’ve been using. 😊

Comments

Never saw one in person. Think it's safe to say it will sound good with these guitars. If it's a well designed amp, it'll sounds good with any type of acoustic guitar. With the name behind these amps, I don't think there's anything to worry about. The way I see it, it's an improved version of AER. When it comes to acoustic amp design, the amp should simply be transparent. It's not like with the amps for electrics where you might prefer this sound or that sound. Of course the speaker on the acoustic amp will color the sound somewhat one way or another besides the amp design.

Have you tried an EQ pedal?

Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • BrettNBrettN New

Thanks Buco- yes I agree re the transparency- I always felt that AER’s coloured the sound a little- sometimes favourably, sometimes not.

I haven’t started looking at EQ’s yet- that was the other route I thought of…. Would like something a bit more grunt than the Bose S1 I’m currently using.

I remember there was fair deal of discussion about S1 and I just saw that indeed you were a part of that discussion. Getting an EQ pedal is easy thing to try and might work out. It's hard to find an amp that ticks every box and S1 covers a lot of them. Who knows what you might run into with Da Capo. I'd certainly love to hear more about them.

billyshakes
  • casscass Pennsylvania New AJL XO, DuPont MD100, Gitane DG255

The Uno Roesner Da Capo 75 Amp looks very similar to the Bugera AC60!

• JasonSJasonS New

Isn't the Bugera their attempt at cloning the AER? I've had the Bugera a few years, it works fine.

Udo Roesner is the founder (or one of) of AER amps. He left the company to start this new venture. Da Capo looks very much like AC60 which is what Bugera copied. But you can't blame the guy for copying something he came up with in the first place. Him and his partner claim this amp is a complete rethinking of an acoustic amp design.

• edited March 2023 Posts: 4,730

@BrettN never mind...can't delete the name quote from mobile browser...