DjangoBooks.com

Dell Arte Dark Eyes vs Minor Swing

I have a choice of either guitar. The Minor Swing is here at Djangobooks and the Dark Eyes is at another vendor. Both are the same price. I already compared all the specs and both look great. The challenge is what are the differences sonically and value wise? I am open to suggestions as always.

Comments

Impossible to know. What sounds and feels great to one person may be only "it's ok" to another. Start with the vendor's description. Call Michael in person, he's very forthcoming with his own opinion about the stuff he sells. Look at the overall condition for both. Does one model fetch a better price than the other on the used market etc... And go with your gut tells you in the end, just ask yourself: which one would I love to hold in my hands?

billyshakesvoutoreenie
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • rsclossonrsclosson New

I think I am going with the Dark Eyes

Bucobillyshakesvoutoreenie
  • stuologystuology New

I think the main difference is the woods. Personally I think the maple on the Minor Swing is better looking, but I imagine you will get a more traditional Selmer sound from the rosewood Dark Eyes.