DjangoBooks.com

Election Day

JackJack western Massachusetts✭✭✭✭
edited August 2006 in Archtop Eddy's Corner Posts: 1,752
Hi gang,

If anyone's got a spare minute or two, my trio is up for Best Jazz Band in a ballot put up by our local arts paper, and you can vote online here:
http://valleyadvocate.com/

Just click on Grand Band Slam. We're under Jazz (band name Swing Caravan), and you don't have to vote in every category...help us defeat watered-down dinner jazz!

Thanks,
Jack.

Comments

• CalebFSUCalebFSU Tallahassee, FLModerator Made in USA Dell Arte Hommage
    you got my vote Jack.
    Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn't work hard.
  • dennisdennis Montreal, QuebecModerator
  • bbwood_98bbwood_98 Brooklyn, NyProdigy Vladimir music! Les Effes. . Its the best!
    Aye,
    me to!
    B.
    ps. steve francour says hi (from DIJ).
    Pps. I will have a few things for you, PM me! (or come to NYC to see tchavolo!)
  • MontereyJacquesMontereyJacques ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011 Posts: 81
  • JackJack western Massachusetts✭✭✭✭
    Thanks guys...and not that I don't appreciate it, but I'm told the magazine people have high-tech bloodhounds sniffing out ballot-stuffing...however, the fact that you put me in for best guitarist will surely make them think you're simply out of your mind! Thanks, Jacques!

Best,
    Jack.
  • Elva LedesmaElva Ledesma Seattle, WANew
    I voted for Swing Caravan--much better than the "watered-down dinner jazz"!

--Elva
    --Elva
  • dennisdennis Montreal, QuebecModerator
    the vote wasn't free jack... you'll have to send me a stool sample from sam so i can clone him....
  • Archtop EddyArchtop Eddy Manitou Springs, ColoradoModerator
    Got my vote Jack. Good luck!

A.E.
  • BarengeroBarengero Auda CityProdigy
    Got mine, too, Jack!

Best,
    Barengero
  • JackJack western Massachusetts✭✭✭✭
    dennis wrote:
    the vote wasn't free jack... you'll have to send me a stool sample from sam so i can clone him....

Sure thing...I might wait till winter to send it, though, to spare the customs guys.

Thanks for the votes, everyone. If anyone wants to make sure we're at least OKAY before voting (I never said we were great!), you can find a few recordings by clicking the www link at the bottom of my posts. I think the cutoff is August 5th or 6th.

Best,
    Jack.

(Last minute update: a guy taped us warming up at a gig a few weeks back, and put the video up here. It's actually a pretty bad recording, sound & video wise, but you get the idea.)