DjangoBooks.com

FS: Eimers Oval Hole - 2003

db5db5 New
in Classifieds Posts: 25

Hello -

In addition to the Hommage I have listed, I also have an Eimers from 2003 for sale. Some details and photos below. Feel free to drop me a line if you have any questions or want to hear some sounds. I can send more pics too. I have both instruments for sale on Reverb but I can do better here for a forum member so if someone is interested (in either one), please don't hesitate to reach out. Thanks a lot for looking. Cheers!

Here is basically the same info from the other listing:

This instrument has Birdseye Maple Back and Sides, A Maple Neck with Ebony Spline and a Spruce Top. It has a "Transitional" Selmer Style 14 Fret neck design with a nice thick Ebony fretboard. Closed Schaller Tuners with Ebony Buttons and a Dupont Nickel Tailpiece. 

Leo Eimers made these around 2003 and I believe they were a limited edition model. Previous owners of this guitar thought this one was actually Stochelo's Eimers from the 2003 Samois concert. When I bought it in a private sale I wrote to Leo and he told me this one he considered the prototype for Stochelo's -- So, the next one he made ended up going to Stochelo for the 2003 Samois performance. This particular guitar is notable by a small flower inlay Leo made on the bass / side of the guitar (pictured). Leo said he had an incident with this guitar at the buffing table when he was done with the build that required a creative solution. I dig - a unique and lovely feature. 

Sound-wise this has a classic Selmer tone - nice and dry and loud. Especially crunchy rhythm sound. Sounds great with a Stimer type pick up too, which it can easily accommodate. 

This one has been well played, as the photos show. It's been gigged a lot by its prior owner and just played at home by me. It shows honest play wear - though, it could now probably benefit from a set up. The original Eimers bridge was cut too low in a bad setup before I got it and needs good shimming to be playable (see the pic of the bridge). I have instead put on a Dupont #1 bridge, but it takes the guitar a little too high for my liking. (About as high as my Wegen 3.5 plectrum at the 12th fret). The guitar doesn't have a truss rod. There are some dings here and there and small separation in the outer laminate on the back that doesn't go thru. No label though Leo's mark is inside the guitar by the heel. You can feel a hint of fret sprout on the neck. It's been like that since I got it even though I keep it humidified. 

I've owned this guitar for just over a year and enjoyed it immensely. So much that I basically kept it as it is. I know most folks will get a new instrument set up as they like anyhow. But as it could likely use a fret dress and proper bridge set up I've tried to price this accordingly. 

Selling this as is, but I am happy to discuss the instrument at length and I can supply samples of the sound - with both bridges I have available - so drop me a message if you like. I'd love for it to find a great new home. Awesome guitar -- with a cool bit of extra Eimers history too...

TKL Case in great shape. I'll include the original bridge with shims in the sale plus the newer #1 bridge currently on it. 

Asking $1,953.00 + $50 Shipping to the lower 48 

Bucobillyshakes