DjangoBooks.com

2 Finger Style Teaching DVD or Book

13»

Comments

• stuologystuology New

I've experimented with 2-fingers before, it does have some advantages in terms of speed but it's hard to keep up. Many Sitar players only use two fingers so there may be something to learn from them.

To add to the stories above, I read an interview with someone once - I can't remember who now - who said that when he first got a guitar he was really into Hendrix and so he spent months and months copying Hendrix solos until he really had everything down and could play it all really well. Then he showed what he could do to a friend who could play the guitar. The friend picked the guitar up to try it, realised it was badly out of tune so he tuned it - the guy had spent all that time learning Hendrix solos, but he had never learnt how to tune a guitar. Once tuned, he couldn't play the Hendrix stuff anymore and he couldn't replicate whatever weird tuning he'd started out with! He did go on to play the guitar properly, but he never went back to Hendrix. The moral of the story is - learn the basics first!

BucoBillDaCostaWilliamsDoubleWhiskybillyshakes

No way 😆 this is one of the most absurd music related stories I've ever heard, and so funny hahaha

Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • DeuxDoigts_TonnerreDeuxDoigts_Tonnerre Lawrenceville GA USANew Stringphonic #503 Basic, Altamira M30D, Eastman AR810CE, Giannini Craviola

I wonder who the guy on the left is. He probably uses only one finger and that's why he looks disgusted with all of us.

My friend told me once that Django used to play with one finger whenever he wanted to impress people. Here I am thinking I was doing great playing everything with two fingers... I guess I better step up my one finger game now.

• RipRip olympia, washingtonNew
  • DeuxDoigts_TonnerreDeuxDoigts_Tonnerre Lawrenceville GA USANew Stringphonic #503 Basic, Altamira M30D, Eastman AR810CE, Giannini Craviola

That's probably how he plays, and that look never leaves his face while he's playing.

RipBuco