DjangoBooks.com

Festival Django Reinhardt & Samoreau 2023

AndyWAndyW Glasgow Scotland UK✭✭✭ Clarinets & Saxes- Selmer, Conn, Buescher, Leblanc et.al. // Guitars: Gerome, Caponnetto, Napoli, Musicalia, Bucolo, Sanchez et. al.
in Europe Posts: 603

Just a wee reminder that the Festival Django Reinhardt 2023 festival and Samoreau campsite jams have been running the last week or so. Plenty of great videos on youtube, etc.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Samoreau+2023

Comments

• billyshakesbillyshakes NoVA✭✭✭ Park Avance - Dupont Nomade - Dupont DM-50E

I passed through Samois last Friday but thought the festival was over. Was there still jams going on in Samoreau? Either way, I only had a little time to visit before getting to Paris.

On a side note, I noticed the plaque was taken off the wall of "Django's house." It used to say something like "Ici vecut et morut Django Reinhardt...." I seem to recall the place was for sale a while back. Anyone know what the story is here? You can still see the bolts for it and the paint color indicates where the square plaque once was.

• billyshakesbillyshakes NoVA✭✭✭ Park Avance - Dupont Nomade - Dupont DM-50E

You can sort of see in this image, it would have been to the right of the drainpipe between the middle window and the right window with the bush underneath it. I saw a comment on an old thread that indicated maybe this wasn't Django's house or he had a separate entrance or something like that. But I don't know much.