DjangoBooks.com

Dings

13»

Comments

• TheGarethJonesTheGarethJones Boston/ParisNew Altamira M30, Gitane D-370

Yes, he was one of the first I taught! Many don’t believe me because I was born in 1985, but I never want to restrict someone’s right to be incorrect.

• ChristopheCaringtonChristopheCarington San Francisco, CA USANew Dupont MD50, Stringphonic Favino, Altamira Chorus
    edited August 2023 Posts: 187

As someone who has gotten nasty dings & scratches handled by a reputable technician, I can say you have a few options (given to me by said technician).

1. If it's a small ding or scrape, usually it's best to just leave it and accept it happened
    2. If it's a large or deep scrape/ding, it's good to get the top resealed with some laquer or finish of some kind. It may look better than if you had left it, but it will never look new again.
    3. Wait until you've got a bunch of dings/scrapes and refinish the entire guitar top. It's costly, not always recommended, and not always perfect, but it will be the best looking

Wish there was more of a "here's how you fix it" type of advice.. but honestly that's it.