DjangoBooks.com

Amplification/pickups for duo

What are your favorite setups for amplification/microphone or pickup for gigging? 2 guitars in duo format for playing breweries/cafes/wineries with plenty of ambient noise. So many options! Thanks for any recommendations!

Comments

• bbwood_98bbwood_98 Brooklyn, NyProdigy Vladimir music! Les Effes. . Its the best!

@tallen - I use a few different things - typically: Krivo through headway preamp to an Ampeg Reverbrocket (especially if there is percussion/brass) or DPA 4099 through headway preamp to acoustic image coda if things are quieter and I have some distance.

B.

tallen

Tell the audience to be quiet ;)

DoubleWhisky
  • bbwood_98bbwood_98 Brooklyn, NyProdigy Vladimir music! Les Effes. . Its the best!

@littlemark - man - to true - this weekend I was in another city checking out a good friend (and fabulous musicians) band in a bar. Several younger musicians that this gentleman serves as a mentor for were in the front near the band - crowding the bandstand, waiting to be asked to sit in, but talking loud - really loud. To his credit, he told them to be quiet.

B.

littlemark