DjangoBooks.com

[SOLD] Upgraded Altamira M01F with Free Krivo Pickup, Strings, and Picks

ChristopheCaringtonChristopheCarington San Francisco, CA USANew Dupont MD50, Stringphonic Favino, Altamira Chorus
edited December 2023 in Classifieds Posts: 187

Check out the video to hear it in action! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMfUT9bcK1g

Well loved, toured, and great playing Altmaira M01F in the Antique finish.

It's one of the best sounding and playing Altamira's I've ever come across - and sounds very "old" due to the upgraded french polish finish it has and all the hours of playing it's received.

The guitar also comes with upgrades and goodies vs. a stock Altamira:

-- Upgraded Schaller Tuners

-- Upgraded Dupont Favino-style nickel tailpiece

-- Setup, custom bridge and moustache by **** in LA

-- Krivo Micro Manouche pickup

-- A few sets of Argentine strings

-- extra picks

-- tuner

-- original hard shell case

$1300 $950 Shipped

WilliebillyshakesBillDaCostaWilliamsdb5djazzy

Comments

• Holmes1Holmes1 ChicagoNew Dupont MD50

Pm sent!

• djazzydjazzy New Riccardo Mordeglia, AJL

Nice sounding guitar!

I know its a complicated question & all kinds of factors probably go into the answer but is the sound I'm hearing in the video (a fat ping to the single notes) considered "old school"? Its something that makes me think of Tchan-Tchou Vidal's playing. I love that sound.

Just wondering.

• jonpowljonpowl Hercules, CA✭✭✭ Dupont MD-100, Altamira M01F

Christophe, your MO1F sounds great, of course the player has something to do with it. My M01F is really loud but doesn't have the quality sound. Still, it sounds pretty good. Which upgrade makes the biggest difference, bridge, setup, tuners, or tail piece?

Thanks and good luck,

John

• ChristopheCaringtonChristopheCarington San Francisco, CA USANew Dupont MD50, Stringphonic Favino, Altamira Chorus

@djazzy - the reason I feel this guitar sounds older is due to how the high-end is. There's more roll-off in the highs (6kHz and above) - making the guitar sound "sweeter," "older," or "broken in" vs a brand new guitar. The fat ping is more due to the pick im using and the fact the guitar has a very noticeable low-mid bump.

@jonpowl - the bridge replacement BY FAR. The tuners and tail piece give me much better tuning stability which is great. But when it comes to tone, the custom high-quality bridge for this guitar along with a new setup for that bridge make the guitar sound much better.

BillDaCostaWilliamsdjazzy
  • ChristopheCaringtonChristopheCarington San Francisco, CA USANew Dupont MD50, Stringphonic Favino, Altamira Chorus

Added in a free Krivo pickup to sweeten the deal!

Price drop!

djazzyBillDaCostaWilliams