DjangoBooks.com

When Django met Chaplin

in Welcome Posts: 13

Good day

Here's a Django infused arrangement i did of Charlie Chaplin's song ''Smile'' on my old Paul Beuscher guitar.Hope you like it.

til later Stu Blagden

WillieBucoRipbillyshakesDoubleWhiskyTeddy DupontPhilBillDaCostaWilliams

Comments

• Teddy DupontTeddy Dupont Deity

With a touch of "Improvisation No 4". 👍️

• stubbystubby New
    edited August 2023 Posts: 4

Lol yes I forgot about that! Haven’t listened to it for ages.This was done a few days after I got the Beuscher and it’s a good example of how getting a ‘fresh’ guitar can inspire a new arrangement.Stu B

• DoubleWhiskyDoubleWhisky Upper FranconiaNew Dupont MD60, 1940s Castelluccia

Thanns for posting, love it! Looking forward for more, the Baro hommage was awesome aswell!

Cheers mate! thanks for the kind words! Stu Blagden

• billyshakesbillyshakes NoVA✭✭✭ Park Avance - Dupont Nomade - Dupont DM-50E

Thanks, Stu. Always loved this song. You've got some nice stuff on your channel. Thanks for sharing. Like that recording of your quartet playing Valse des niglos too!

stubby
  • stubbystubby New

Cheers Billy thanks for the kind words! For some reason I have 2 ids on here anyway it’s me!!

Aren't you @stubla as well? Great playing, keep posting please.

Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • PhilPhil Portland, ORModerator Anastasio
    edited August 2023 Posts: 774

Hi Stu, I've also been enjoying your playing in your archives on YouTube and came across this great rendition of Them There Eyes...some great improv, licks and references which you make look effortless. Fun and enjoyable! Cheers! Phil

BillDaCostaWilliamsDoubleWhisky

I've improved a lot since this was filmed in about 2011 but my 'feeling' is good.The playing is not that great but its certainly better than the haircuts :-)

I've taken a few years away from GJ which sort of coincided with Covid and Lockdown and until recently concentrated on fingerstyle jazz guitar and also Brazilian guitar which is my other main 'thing' in music.You need to stand back from GJ from time to time because it will swallow your musical personality whole if you're not careful.

Glad you enjoyed the video; there are scores more.

cheers

Stu

BillDaCostaWilliamsDoubleWhiskyPhil