DjangoBooks.com

Vintage Selmer copy

Jangle_JamieJangle_Jamie Scottish HighlandsNew De Rijk, some Gitanes and quite a few others

Perfecting my aged top look. This started life as a £104 Amazon purchase a few years ago. It's a Portuguese APC guitar, about as cheap as you can get. I took quite a lot of thickness off the top in a semi-successful quest for better tone and volume. The thing about this guitar is the playability - it is absolutely brilliant! Fingerboard width at the zero fret is 44mm (fairly standard I think) but only 54mm at the 12th fret. I think this narrowness suits my playing. What other Selmer copies have narrow fingerboards up near the body?

BucobillyshakesWillie

Comments

Not bad looking!

Jangle_Jamie
  • krzyskrzys New

Do you know which model it is?

Looks like Pansch is playing an APC here:

Jangle_Jamie
  • Jangle_JamieJangle_Jamie Scottish HighlandsNew De Rijk, some Gitanes and quite a few others

It was listed as APC 802 on Amazon. I bought it in 2016. It's laminated maple back and sides. I think it's basically the JM200 listed elsewhere. My thought at the time was "it's £100, it's worth a punt!". I'm glad I did because it's a guitar I take places when travelling/busking/bad weather/drunk people about! etc. It suits my Stimer nicely, and I like to tell people the pickup is more valuable than the guitar. It's the playability that is so nice though.

• billyshakesbillyshakes NoVA✭✭✭ Park Avance - Dupont Nomade - Dupont DM-50E

It's the ultimate couch/camp guitar! For that price, you don't have to worry about it getting trashed. And in Scottish humidity, it shouldn't get too dry!

Jangle_Jamie
  • GouchGouch FennarioNew ALD Originale D, Zentech Proto, ‘50 D28

You’re totally in the ballpark. My ALD fretboard is 54mm at the 12th fret. I’ve measured Favinos (J & JP) and a Barault 503 and those are just slightly wider, at 55.5.

Jangle_Jamie