DjangoBooks.com

Some New Recordings

Comments

• wimwim ChicagoModerator Barault #503 replica

Thanks for the links. The Benji album is nice, I especially like the tracks with Adrien

Hey, thanks for Benji link! Finally can listen to this, always wondered what's it like. It sounds great.

Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • BillDaCostaWilliamsBillDaCostaWilliams Barreiro, Portugal✭✭✭ Mateos, Altamira M01F, Huttl

I got the Benji album from the crowd-funding back when it was recorded. Great album.

The Yorgui Loeffler one I hadn't heard before - like it a lot.

• edited November 2023 Posts: 4,833

I chipped in during the crowdfunding but never received anything. It's just as well, I don't use CDs any longer. Just took a while to be able to hear it.

Only Adrien didn't get all caps for the last name. What's up with that?

It's because whoever set up Benji's Spotify didn't use the artist accounts and set up new ones with last names all in caps - put differently, click on "Bireli LAGRENE" from the album track descriptions but then search for "Bireli" and his real profile appears. For some reason Adrien's real profile is linked up correctly so I'm assuming he may have asked them to make this change after the album was posted.

Buco
  • PhilPhil Portland, ORModerator Anastasio

...was enjoying the Benji Winterstein album until "Tie a Yellow Ribbon "...then the stop button was pressed...yikes!

BillDaCostaWilliams
  • BillDaCostaWilliamsBillDaCostaWilliams Barreiro, Portugal✭✭✭ Mateos, Altamira M01F, Huttl

Only Adrien didn't get all caps for the last name. What's up with that?

No font issues in the physical album liner notes.

billyshakesBuco

Dorado dedicated a song to him, so nice.

• wimwim ChicagoModerator Barault #503 replica

Am I missing something? Was this tune canceled? I was not familiar with the original song but I did not find anything yike-worthy with that track.

The only track which seemed a bit out-of-place to me was the Beatles one.

• PhilPhil Portland, ORModerator Anastasio

Probably just me and it's pop music reference when it was played ad nauseum on Top of the Pops back in 70s UK! 🙃

Charlie AyersBuco