DjangoBooks.com

I propose a roast!

JDRookeJDRooke New
in History Posts: 87

Ok, folks I propose roasting gypsy jazz... or the practice and practicers of, rather. Be nice, but not that nice. You can go ahead. I hold off starting cuz you all would get pissed off at me.

Jonathan

P.S. All this is, of course, done in the spirit of love with other members of our guitar cult.

Buco

Comments

• JDRookeJDRooke New
    edited November 2023 Posts: 87

So, one GJer says to the other, he says, say there, GJer... trying to help out here. You shouldn't normally make that kind of gender assumption. But, I don't expect anyone to cancel me for this one.

Ba-da-bing. First try.

You should've started with the one to piss us off to get us going.

I don't know....how do you get people to GJ show? You leave a trail of dollar bills.

Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • RipRip olympia, washingtonNew

I love a good roast. I'll help you out. 1 sentence - style over substance. when you listen to django, you hear django. i love everybody that plays gypsy jazz, but i think we can all step it up. let's make 2024 a conscious effort to play from the soul. it's easier than we think. let's take it to the next level. we can ALL do it!

roast done done.

peace!✌️

p.s.

love y'all

BucoJDRooke
  • AndyWAndyW Glasgow Scotland UK✭✭✭ Clarinets & Saxes- Selmer, Conn, Buescher, Leblanc et.al. // Guitars: Gerome, Caponnetto, Napoli, Musicalia, Bucolo, Sanchez et. al.

I saw this thread and made that resigned scowl that rhythm guitarists make when the soloist takes another chorus and I have to keep pomping…

JDRookeBillDaCostaWilliamsRipbillyshakes
  • pdgpdg ✭✭

A GJ jam -- 5 rhythm guitarists strumming overly-loud legato chords (=30 strings), along with a lead guitarist trying to compete one string at at time and playing 50% harder than he or she should.

JDRookeRip
  • JDRookeJDRooke New

great stuff. how about... gypsy jazz... for when your wife and kids get sick of your metal.