DjangoBooks.com

FS or Trade: Shelley Park Elan #42

JeffreyJeffrey Santa Barbara, CANew
edited August 2006 in Classifieds Posts: 4
A gorgeous custom guitar from Shelley, with Walnut back and sides. Minty. Hardly ever used. With original case. Sad to let it go. From a non-smoking home. No issues. $2900.

Photos show some reflections. The guitar's finish is excellent. Located in Santa Barbara, CA. I know how to pack and ship guitars.

Will trade for a high-end flattop or archtop that I like.

Thank you.

park.jpg

Comments

• JeffreyJeffrey Santa Barbara, CANew
    Has anyone ever bought or sold a high quality guitar such as this on this forum?

200 visits and not a single question.....
  • Kenny BKenny B New
    Don't feel too bad, my Elan is $200 less and has had over 1,500 views. Granted, some people come back to view the pictures again and again. I'm trying to figure out why there is not more of a demand considering the builder, the woods, etc. I'd do a trade for a steel string if I thought it would help.
  • JeffreyJeffrey Santa Barbara, CANew
    Good idea, Kenny.

I'll trade !!
  • chappiechappie ✭✭✭✭
    Maybe I'm off the mark but I would guess that only a minority of the GJ players out there are in the market for a high-end 12 fret guitar like yours. Most people I know are trying to learn to play in the style and thus desire a longer scale. Even the pure rhythm players out there like Hono Winterstein or Hervé Guigenetti (sp?) or Rich from the Hot Club of Philly (good company, Rich!) and they all play 14 fret neck guitars. I know that Saga sells a bunch of the 12 fret D hole models but they are way cheap, right? My bet is that if you had a 14 fret Shelly Park guitar in the same condition it would sell in a few days. Anyone else want to weigh in here?
    charlie
  • campfirecampfire New
    I just recently bought a Shelly Park Montmartre on this forum. Kenny B. could have sold his Park, had he answered my PM. So they do sell....just be patient. It's a small and VERY exclusive market for Park GJ guitars. Hang in there!

Larry
    www.larrycamp.com (my personal jazz guitar website)
    www.impromptujazz.com (my gypsy-jazz website)