DjangoBooks.com

Adrian Holovaty on Paul Davids YT channel

billyshakesbillyshakes NoVA✭✭✭ Park Avance - Dupont Nomade - Dupont DM-50E
edited December 2023 in Technique Posts: 1,344

This dropped yesterday it appears. Showed up in my youtube sidebar today. @adrian and his Holo guitar playing on Paul Davids' youtube channel giving a mini lesson on Django's music for the masses. They go through rhythm changes from beginner to more typically stylistic. Nice work representing, Adrian. It was fun to see his surprise and appreciation for your sound.

BucoflacoBillDaCostaWilliamsJangle_JamieluckyDoubleWhisky

Comments

Paul played pretty decent rhythm almost immediately.

Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • wimwim ChicagoModerator Barault #503 replica
    edited December 2023 Posts: 1,459

Hah, that's what I was thinking, that he's maybe feigning ignorance somewhat :)

It wasn't a continuous shoot so they must've rehearsed at least some. And the guy is a good guitar player, probably didn't take him long to get the basics.

Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • billyshakesbillyshakes NoVA✭✭✭ Park Avance - Dupont Nomade - Dupont DM-50E

Paul is a pro content creator. It's not like he just randomly heard Adrian play an enclosure for the first time on film and said, "Wait, what is that?" Maybe when they first met, yes, but he knows how to create engaging content. I wouldn't be surprised if they laid it out slightly beforehand, figuring out how they could create the 5 levels of difficulty, etc. And I'd have no problem with that. Probably 97% of the people that watch that video will never have heard of a rest stroke or enclosure before so they'll be informed and entertained at the same time.

BucoBillDaCostaWilliams