DjangoBooks.com

sticking down the moustache

Ken BloomKen Bloom Pilot Mountain, North CarolinaNew
I was wondering what is used to glue the moustache down.Is it super glue or something else? Since they get glued to the finish I was wondering what everyone uses. Thanks
Ken Bloom

Comments

• aa New York City✭✭✭✭
    i think django used pomade.
    Www.alexsimonmusic.com
    Learn how to play Gypsy guitar:
    http://alexsimonmusic.com/learn-gypsy-jazz-guitar/
  • Josh HeggJosh Hegg Tacoma, WAModerator
    When I put them on I use a supper thin, supper strong double stick tape I got from an awning fabrication place. works great. You could use supper glue but if you ever need to remove it for some reason then it will be much harder.
  • Ken BloomKen Bloom Pilot Mountain, North CarolinaNew
    Thanks Josh. What a great idea. Do you have a brand name and manufacturer for this tape? I've been looking for something like this for years for other uses as well but have never come across it.
    Ken Bloom
  • lmntrylmntry Portland , Oregon✭✭✭✭
    The name of the material I use for just such repairs is just called "carpet tape"(double sided)
    Most any home improvement store should have it in stock...The brand of tape I happen to have is "Tuck tape" there are lots of branbs though.

David
  • Josh HeggJosh Hegg Tacoma, WAModerator
    The carpet tape is a good idea. I have not used it but I can see that it would work. The tape I use they call Banner Weld tape. I ended up talking a sign wholesaler into selling me a role. I have enough to do 1000 guitars now!

Cheers,
    Josh