DjangoBooks.com

Why is Djangos "Festival Swing" so popular on Spotify?

DoubleWhiskyDoubleWhisky Upper FranconiaNew Dupont MD60, 1940s Castelluccia
in Welcome Posts: 139

Does anyone know why "Festival Swing" by a large margin is the most listened to Django song on Spotify? Does it have a recent popcultural appearance?

BillDaCostaWilliams

Comments

It's probably a part of some Spotify curated playlist. Usually that explains it.

BillDaCostaWilliamsadrianDoubleWhisky
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • DoubleWhiskyDoubleWhisky Upper FranconiaNew Dupont MD60, 1940s Castelluccia

Thanks @Buco, that makes sense and might explain it

Buco
  • billyshakesbillyshakes NoVA✭✭✭ Park Avance - Dupont Nomade - Dupont DM-50E

I just looked today and I don't see Festival Swing anywhere near the top? Maybe someone is speculating on song placement? Pump-and-dump game like on penny stocks? Does someone set a bot to make plays so the song owner gets their .37 cents of revenue?

I was also surprised to see Brazil so high, but then see it is track 1 on the album The Incredible Django Reinhardt. So perhaps those who are unitiated but hear about Django click on that album to see what it is all about, but then never get to track 2 (Which is Georgia on my Mind, a song I would choose over Brazil). Dunno. If only there was a way to show which songs link to which playlists.

DoubleWhiskyBucoBillDaCostaWilliams
  • JojoJojo London UK

It’s also the most played of his tracks on my Sp*tify feed too. However, I’d never heard the track and am amazed that Django is one of the last to play a solo on it, though before the man who decided to do a ‘one note, but played many times‘ solo…

DoubleWhisky
  • DoubleWhiskyDoubleWhisky Upper FranconiaNew Dupont MD60, 1940s Castelluccia

It's still the top song in my list, but i can imagine it depends f.e. on the country you are in (rights issues maybe?) and overall user data what the recommendations are. I think Bucos answer might be the most plausible one (must be one of the top playlists though?) but maybe you are right as well @billyshakes. Interesting ideas, thanks for the detective work haha