DjangoBooks.com

FS/FT: Bumgarner Derecho

edited January 10 in Classifieds Posts: 1,231

Hello old friends,

It looks as if my days of playing this style of music have come to an end. It's a combination of an injury (healed), regular gig ending after 15 years, and just wanting to spend some time on different things. That being said, I'm going to be putting my Bumgarner Derecho up for sale. I purchased it directly from Craig about 10 years ago. Because of some major pick checking on the top, I sent the guitar to Craig to do some cosmetic work, primarily an ebony pickguard. It was my main gigging guitar up until December 2021. It's loud and lovely. I'll throw in a complement of picks and a Wolfpak case. Preference would be a local to NYC sale or trade, but I'd be ok with shipping at your cost.

I'll be adding pictures this evening, but I'm going to put the guitar up for sale here for a little while. My preference would be a local sale or even trade for something Tele like or 000 sized acoustic. I'm tentatively pricing it at $3000.

Here is a bunch of stuff I wrote about it.

https://www.djangobooks.com/gallery/coco-derecho/

In summary, this guitar is lovely, but I'm of the opinion that guitars need to be played and I have not played this one at all as a result of my hand injury (initially) and then moving on to some other things. I would love for it to go someplace where it will be a primary guitar.

Thanks,

Jim

BucoBillDaCostaWilliams

Comments

• ScoredogScoredog Santa Barbara, Ca✭✭✭✭

Wow, I bet it is hard to give up GJ after all this time. looks like you are going to keep playing guitar.

• Lango-DjangoLango-Django Niagara-On-The-Lake, ONModerator

Hey, Jim, I’m glad to hear that you are still able to play guitar. Last I remember you said you were playing lap steel.

Just nosy, but I would be interested to know what style of music you have gotten into now?

I know how you worked your ass off to learn GJ style, so I hope you’ll be able to draw on that…

Good luck,

Will

Paul Cezanne: "I could paint for a thousand years without stopping and I would still feel as though I knew nothing."

Edgar Degas: "Only when he no longer knows what he is doing does the painter do good things.... To draw, you must close your eyes and sing."

Georges Braque: "In art there is only one thing that counts: the bit that can’t be explained."
  • Thanks guys. I'm just kind of doing things where I can play with local folks. Basically, its a combo of gigs drying up and me finding some different styles of music, some jazz some not, that have been tickling me. I'm on my back nine and am just interested in playing and learning as much as I can.

I'll play these tunes when the time comes, but as a sole source of music, I've decided to move on.

Hopefully you'll leave the AJL for when the inspiration strikes. You know it's impossible to leave it 100% behind, right?

Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • The AJL is in France with my former playing partner...along with a Tele I slightly regret selling him.

Ah, that last one (Tele) probably stings now that you're looking for something similar. Well, I played a few 000s that I thought would do well in a GJ setting. They can have a nice midrange bump and a strong attack.

Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel