DjangoBooks.com

Sous le Ciel de Paris

DoubleWhiskyDoubleWhisky Upper FranconiaNew Dupont MD60, 1940s Castelluccia
in Repertoire Posts: 139

Since I was recording a backing track for an accordionist anyway, I thought I'd do a little musette guitar version of "Sous le Ciel de Paris" on my old (new to me) Castelluccia:

rudolfochristAndyWAzazzellScoredogMarkAbillyshakesBillDaCostaWilliamsBucobbwood_98Willieand 1 other.

Comments

• WillieWillie HamburgNew
    edited February 24 Posts: 826

My "like" is not only for the sound and the playing, but also for the striped jersey and the scarf.

AzazzellBillDaCostaWilliamsBucoDoubleWhisky

This has got to be one of the better covers out there. Your improvement is really impressive.

DoubleWhisky
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • billyshakesbillyshakes NoVA✭✭✭ Park Avance - Dupont Nomade - Dupont DM-50E

Yes, classic marinière shirt! I'm sure his improvement is no doubt partially inspired by that lovely Castellucia. What a great sounding instrument.

DoubleWhisky
  • DoubleWhiskyDoubleWhisky Upper FranconiaNew Dupont MD60, 1940s Castelluccia
    edited February 26 Posts: 139

Thank you @Buco! Happy to hear you can see progress, i am myself blind to this most of the time and have the feeling of treading water haha

@billyshakes thank you, definitely an inspiring plucked fiddle! Loud, resonant and a perfect match for musette style. It even sounds almost like a banjo at times. Very happy with it!

Buco