DjangoBooks.com

Pickups question: Schatten s-4 vs CS Sensor

Comments

I have had a Schatten, and then I got a CS and I never looked back. The sound quality out of the CS is the most natural I’ve encountered. Buy it!

rudolfochrist
  • rudolfochristrudolfochrist Worms, GermanyNew Dupont MD-100
    edited March 26 Posts: 140

I've never tired the Schatten but I play the CS Sensor as well and I second everything @Carlos Foster said.

nathan.tabor@me.com
  • nathan.tabor@me.com[email protected] Kalamazoo, MINew
    edited April 5 Posts: 6

I bought one! Question: how did you (@Carlos Foster and @rudolfochrist) attach it? Looking at photos, it seems many players do NOT use the black stickers and elect to attach it directly. Any advice would be appreciated.

• rudolfochristrudolfochrist Worms, GermanyNew Dupont MD-100

Hey @[email protected],

Congrats. Welcome to the club 😅

I used one large sticker before I attached the CS sensor.

But since I need new frets anyway, I'm going to ask my luthier to install it on the inside for me.

• ChiefbigeasyChiefbigeasy New Orleans, LA✭✭✭ Dupont MDC 50; The Loar LH6, AJL Silent Guitar

Carlos all the way. You MUST use the black tape on the guitar because the double side tape you will attach to the Sensor will damage the guitar finish.

Also, take some time to find the “sweet spot” before positioning the Sensor. It can be a little tricky finding it, but once you have it, mark it and/or leave the Sensor attached. It’s too much trouble taking it on or off.

Also, use an in-line graphic pedal, at least 5 bands. This will give you a lot of control of tone in various venues.