DjangoBooks.com

Django Book eB

Jeaneaj69Jeaneaj69 New
in Repertoire Posts: 2

Hello,

I'm looking for a Django Fakebook in eB (for alto saxophone). Not only the chords, but the heads as well.

If someone know where i could find it, i would really appreciate. I've been looking for it for month, can't find anything except some tunes here and there.

Or if anyone know/can how to transcribe easily a whole .pdf, please MP. I've been trying with soft but it's a nightmare (200 pages or so full of bugs and mistakes after minutes of process...)

Thank you very much !

Comments

• JasonSJasonS New

It doesn't exist as far as I'm aware. Transposing chord charts is no big deal but if you also need the heads moved it's going to be a lot more work unless there's a way to do it I'm not aware of. I know you can import the PDF into Sibelius/Finale and transpose the heads that way.

It is honestly going to be much easier to just practice reading concert keys and transpose in your head although I understand there is a learning curve to that.

• Jeaneaj69Jeaneaj69 New

Yeah but most of the time, transpositions are full of nonsense. If you have to deal with one or two, it's okay. But 200 in a row, wow.

Nevermind, someone somewhere should have one. Maybe he'll read this message one day !

• luckylucky New

You can get the chords via iReal - the Django Facebook is on the iReal forum and once loaded you can transpose the key a minor third on a song-by-song basis. I’ve never seen an Eb lead sheet for Django - a lot of the tunes in the Facebook are superfluous so if you focus on the key tunes it wouldn’t take too long to write the heads out yourself.

• JasonSJasonS New

Yes if the automatic transposition has errors you'd need to clean them up manually, that is expected. I seriously doubt anyone has ever transposed any of the commonly used books for Eb. As lucky mentioned I would use iReal to transpose the changes and then transcribe/transpose the heads manually if you're not comfortable using Sibelius/Finale to do it automatically.

I would not worry about doing this for 200 tunes. All of the commonly used Gypsy jazz songbooks have a lot of fluff that is rarely played by anyone. Just transpose each song as you learn it, the melodies in Gypsy jazz are not really meant to be played by reading them IMO.