DjangoBooks.com

Django in the bay UK

in Welcome Posts: 1

Hello Django books community-

We have a small new Gypsy jazz festival in the UK on May 24th- May 26th - Django in the bay.

With evening concerts, on site accommodation and camping. UK Luthiers, many jam sessions, food and drink and beautiful surroundings.

Please do spread the word as these festivals are not easy to fund and put on, we are doing it for the love of the music and to help grow the UK community, but if we do not cover the costs we won’t be able to continue with future festivals.

2024 concerts by Stochelo Rosenberg & Paulus Schäfer, Gismo Graf trio, Hugo Guezbar trio, London Django collective, Harry Diplock trio and more.

There will be workshops for all guitar levels and a great chance to meet like minded players and jam.

Follow on social media or see www.djangointhebay.co.uk for tickets and info.

Hope to see you there,

Natalia & Django in the bay team

BillDaCostaWilliamsMichaelHorowitzadrianBucobillyshakesJSantaJangle_Jamie

Comments

• PhilPhil Portland, ORModerator Anastasio

Bit more advanced notice next time please as would've scheduled a visit to see me Mum around this! 😊

Great line up! Hope it's a success.

Cheers! Phil

Djangointhebay

It's a beautiful setting. Right up Django's sleeve. He would've loved fishing there.

Djangointhebaybillyshakes
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • PhilPhil Portland, ORModerator Anastasio

Yeah! Great fishing 'n' chips🙂

Djangointhebay

Even Paulus declared it's heavenly

BillDaCostaWilliams
  • richter4208richter4208 ✭✭✭

I'd be interested in seeing every one of those acts. Gonna have to keep my eye on this festival in future. Great time of year to not conflict too much with other things for me.

• Jangle_JamieJangle_Jamie Scottish HighlandsNew De Rijk, some Gitanes and quite a few others

Wish I could go, and only half an hour from where my parents live. I couldn't make it last year or this year, but hoping next year I can go!!!

By the way, Paulus looks like he's playing a Gitane 255. Is that correct?

• luckylucky New

A superb festival with a lot of heart. It’s likely to be last weekend of May next year for those wanting advanced notice.

Yes Paulus was rocking a Gitane, not sure which model.

• edited June 2 Posts: 4,833

How is it that we endlessly, and mostly unsuccessfully, search for the perfect amplified acoustic sound? And here they are, Stochelo with the magnetic pickup (seems like the pickup from the Italian guy, what was the name...?), very sweet and pleasant tone. Paulus with something installed internally seems like, nothing artificial or unwanted that I can detect about his sound. I don't think these guitars can sound much better amplified than here.

billyshakes