DjangoBooks.com

Fanou Torrancita live concert

edited May 13 in Welcome Posts: 4,796

With Benji and William, does it get better when it comes to the rhythm section? Edouard Pennes recorded and mixed so you know it can hardly sound any better.

Look at Fanou's left hand. It's so loose, it's barely holding onto the fretboard. That's the key to the relaxed right hand.

Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
BillDaCostaWilliamsdb5RipWilliewimbillyshakesJSanta

Comments

• paulmcevoy75paulmcevoy75 Portland, MaineNew

this is really good.

Was there a Pat Metheny song in there? There was a sort of modern piece towards the beginning. (I downloaded it and have my internet blocked at the moment).

He did some crazy chord voicing thing that made me LOL. He's the real deal.

I also appreciate him opening up Gypsy Jazz guitar for the gingerish crowd. Making a safe space.

BucoBillDaCostaWilliams

Not sure, it would be cool if he played a Metheny song. I'll have to listen again. Do you have a time stamp? I'm listening casually when I have time, I'm still not through with it.

I love voicings he's using too, it sounds so fluid.

• paulmcevoy75paulmcevoy75 Portland, MaineNew

It's the thing around 16:00. I can't say for sure it's PM but it sounds like it.

https://youtu.be/wBF5ezO8Q_Y?t=1035

BucoBillDaCostaWilliams

I don't know Pat M music that well. I tried to get into his stuff a couple of times, wasn't hooked. On the first listen that sounded like his original but I wouldn't know really.