DjangoBooks.com

Cheap Nylon?

Been listening to the Friday Night in San Francisco album a lot lately. I am also a big fan of Raphaël Faÿs.

Do you guys have any recommendations on a cheap Nylon string? Cutaway is preferred.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• pdgpdg ✭✭

Kremona flamenco models -- without built-in amplification.

Jangle_Jamie
  • Jangle_JamieJangle_Jamie Scottish HighlandsNew De Rijk, some Gitanes and quite a few others

What's your idea of cheap? I have a Cordoba Fusion 14 Maple, and it's a great guitar. The maple seems to give it that loud bite, but it also plays sweetly when required. I've played three and they all sounded just the same. Mine was about £500, but they come up second hand on Ebay every now and then for less. Consider any of the Fusion 12 or 14 models - they all get good reviews. The only downside is the Fishman Presys system - it doesn't pick up the mids very well, so perhaps an extra EQ is needed.

DeuxDoigts_Tonnerre
  • luckylucky New

If you want the Friday Night sound seek out an Ovation, I’ve seen them used around £300-500.

Ovations were also used by Bireli back in the 80s, so there’s a Gypsy jazz connection too.

Al Di Meola recreated the trio for a couple of numbers for a Stephane Wrembel concert at Carnegie Hall a few years ago, with Stephane and Stochelo taking the other two chairs.

gamaBillDaCostaWilliams
  • DaphneDaphne New

Thanks guys!

• NotoNoto

The Cordoba GK Studio has a thin body and a narrower neck that makes it very comfortable to play.

I bought mine on sale for around $500: https://www.stringsbymail.com/cordoba-gk-studio-nylon-guitar-spruce-cypress-with-pickup-7101.html

I mean, if you're after cheap, there is overload of Yamahas and Washburns with cutaway for around $200 that you can get and I'm sure they're just fine.

gamawim
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel