DjangoBooks.com

Looking for a teacher / people to play with PARIS

nzidlenzidle New
in Europe Posts: 6

Looking for a teacher / people to jam with PARIS

Thanks In advance !

Comments

• paulmcevoy75paulmcevoy75 Portland, MaineNew

Sami Daussat used to give a tour of Django life in Paris via airbnb, I don't know if he still does (this was very pre-pandemic, February 2020). he is a very entertaining guy and seems to know everyone, it was well worth it. He gave me a short lesson and took me to two clubs. Super fun. He introduced me to Noe Reinhardt and some younger players.

Matthew Chatelain is outside of Paris but is a wonderful rhythm teacher and knows everyone and everything (and is in Paris often I think). Also a lovely guy and gave me a lesson on his houseboat...oh and he lives in Samois and can give you a tour.

I think there was/is a jam session at an Irish pub in Paris.

I'd also look for Martin Gioiani

rudolfochristwimBuco
  • AzazzellAzazzell CanadaNew
    edited June 3 Posts: 178

François and Brughd on the CVH Discord are form Paris and looking for a jam. Check out their messages on the #finding-jams channel on the server https://discord.com/invite/ET88wYANJb

• BillDaCostaWilliamsBillDaCostaWilliams Barreiro, Portugal✭✭✭ Mateos, Altamira M01F, Huttl

The Romain Academy may be worth checking out. Having good French would probably help there,

I heard (3rd hand) that Sami Daussat isn't doing AirBnB at this time.

I believe Martin Gioiani moved to Montreal.

• paulmcevoy75paulmcevoy75 Portland, MaineNew

my info is stale.

I would beg Sami to take you around and offer him $120 for the evening and get him to tell you what to do.