DjangoBooks.com

Patenotte Grande Bouche NO LONGER FOR SALE - but nevertheless finally sold.

WillieWillie HamburgNew
edited 10:49AM in Classifieds Posts: 856

Comments

I'm not in the market but just wanted to say very pretty playing :)

Jangle_JamiebillyshakesWillie
  • WillieWillie HamburgNew

@voutoreenie

Thanks for the compliment. These vintage instruments make you sound much better than you play in reality ...

BillDaCostaWilliamsvoutoreenie

What a topsy-turvy world! I want to sell my old manouche guitars, and my old lady says "Are you crazy? Such beautiful and good sounding instruments! Keep at least that rare mystery guitar!"

So there is only the Patenotte left for sale (unless someone is willing to pay a Selmer price for the Mystery; this might convince even my wife).

Jangle_JamieBucoBillDaCostaWilliamsbillyshakesDoubleWhisky
  • billyshakesbillyshakes NoVA✭✭✭ Park Avance - Dupont Nomade - Dupont DM-50E

Ha ha! Our spouses can always surprise us.

I recently bought an F-hole with the idea of getting rid of one of my other guitars. The new guitar plays super sweet, but I wasn't sure if I liked it better than the other. I asked my wife to see what she thought about it. She said they were both different and thus should keep them both. I didn't ask twice!

Willie
    edited July 13 Posts: 856

Sold several brass instruments and the Höfner flattop and 456 at a good price, try to sell the alpine horn and the Framus archtop.

After that, I keep my instrument museum at it's current size and stop buying new ones. I swear!

BucoJangle_JamieBillDaCostaWilliams

Been at the flea market this morning. Three interesting guitars - but I did not even touch them (and certainly will have wild dreams tonight).

• DoubleWhiskyDoubleWhisky Upper FranconiaNew Vit Cach, Dupont MD60, 1940s Castelluccia

Man you seem to have the best flea markets in Hamburg. Over here the only instruments that show up are desolate Harley Bentons offered for double the price than the original new price.

WillieJangle_JamieBillDaCostaWilliamsAndyW
    edited July 13 Posts: 856

@DoubleWhisky Most of the flea markets here are completely free of temptation: children's toy guitars with broken strings, recorders with worn mouthpieces, if there are any musical instruments at all. But there are two markets with interesting instruments. One is organized twice a year by No.1 Music Park and focussed on guitars, I found my Epiphone archtop and the Gypsy Mystery there. The other one is at a small and very creative quarter in Hamburg with artist's workshops, music studios and such. I stumbled over my Suzuki archtop there two years ago, that I use for comping at acoustic gigs since then.

DoubleWhiskybillyshakesJangle_JamieBillDaCostaWilliams
  • BillDaCostaWilliamsBillDaCostaWilliams Barreiro, Portugal✭✭✭ Altamira M01F, Huttl, 8 mandolins

While I also envy you Willie, it's probably for the best temptation-wise that there's nothing like that around here.

WillieDoubleWhisky

Zigzag again.

I decided to take the Patenotte to the last music flea market in September. A very friendly young man from Regensburg in Southern German saw my guitar, fell in love with it, and did NOT take it with him, because: he had already purchased two guitars at the flea market. And because he had to go back to Regensburg using the train, with those two guitars and his suitcase, he did not want to carry a third guitar with him. But he contacted me after the market, and so I sent that fine old guitar to Bavaria this morning. May Saraswati watch over her on her way.

BillDaCostaWilliamsJangle_JamieBucolittlemarkflaco