DjangoBooks.com

Godin Multiac Gypsy Jazz Guitar

2»

Comments

• TDogTDog Victoria, BCNew Shelley Park Montmartre; Cigano GJ 5

That is about what they retailed for. The more common multiac versions cost less. Hope it works out.

• krzyskrzys New
    edited June 29 Posts: 138

It is surprisingly resonant without being plugged in. I guess it sounds like a cheap laminate acoustic, but it's actually a fairly thin electric. Quite remarkable, but not a good guitar if you want the option for silent practice.

The acoustic sound plugged in sounds like a regular GJ guitar with a piezo or contact pickup, but it is missing some body, attack or something. Less complex, more direct. Some would say 'sterile'.

• everetteverett san francisco✭✭✭

I know it's not the same as the gypsy jazz guitar, but I really love Godin's nylon string guitars for jazz. I have the Grand Concert Deluxe which I gig with a lot for bossa and regular jazz gigs, but I want to get the Mundial. It's the most hassle free guitar I have and sounds great. I play mine on Django songs a lot, and the nylon sounds better amplified for rhythm than the electric lipstick style pickups.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e85qpHGVV14

Happy you found one! Now it’s the fun part of playing something. I was talking to an owner and one thing he really likes about the Godin is the synthetic materials are stable and isn’t of a worry when playing out or traveling with it. Enjoy!

same person also bought a Leveller so we are now guitar brothers!