DjangoBooks.com

Gypsy Jazz Playalongs Vol. 1 / DC Music

GregOGregO Tarpon Springs, FLNew Eimers Nympheas
in Repertoire Posts: 21

Hello - Anyone have any experience with or knowledge of these? Description states they're perfect for solo gigs/busking; so I'm hoping they'll have beginnings/endings (unlike the free GJ P-A-L's). Thanks.

Tagged:

Comments

They're free. Check them out yourself. In a gist they're, count-in, x number of choruses, hard stop.

Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • GregOGregO Tarpon Springs, FLNew Eimers Nympheas

I have the free ones; they're just the choruses (and are not something you can separately download). As I mentioned in the title I was referring to the package of 60 mp3 songs, which if as described have beginnings and endings. I was just wondering if anyone had any experience with them. So far evidently not. Thanks anyway.

• ScoredogScoredog Santa Barbara, Ca✭✭✭✭
    edited July 11 Posts: 884

I bought one, it has starts and endings. Can I see the link so I know if it is the same one?

I am going to presume it is the same one. It would work for busking, you need to learn the length of the arrangements as it will be easy to get lost initially till you get comfortable with each arrangement but it can work.

Ah, I see. I think I'll get those myself. Been busking at the local brewery. It would be nice to not depend on Internet connection (I use tracks from YT- mostly Reboul - but through the Soundslice so I can avoid commercials).

• DoubleWhiskyDoubleWhisky Upper FranconiaNew Dupont MD60, 1940s Castelluccia
  • ScoredogScoredog Santa Barbara, Ca✭✭✭✭

So I have used these for playing in a senior living home when visiting my mom. Some were a little long for that purpose so I edited them down in my DAW which is easy as they are locked to tempo.

• BillDaCostaWilliamsBillDaCostaWilliams Barreiro, Portugal✭✭✭ Mateos, Altamira M01F, Huttl

Been busking at the local brewery

Sounds like a fun gig.

• GregOGregO Tarpon Springs, FLNew Eimers Nympheas

Thanks everyone - just what I needed to hear!

Scoredog: I think we're on the same tune package; here's the link: https://www.dc-musicschool.com/store/gypsy-jazz-playalongs-vol-1/. ...and just to be clear: these can be transferred to a tablet or mp3 player - right?

Buco - Boy, I give you credit for dealing with websites on the internet while playing.

Thanks again - looking forward to getting started with these.

Soundslice makes it ok to deal with it. I created "backing tracks" folder and choose from there. One issue is I usually don't know how many choruses I'm dealing with. But I like this better, I'll go this route now.

• DoubleWhiskyDoubleWhisky Upper FranconiaNew Dupont MD60, 1940s Castelluccia

Maybe you could add some subtle audio "marks" in your DAW so that you know where you are in the song