DjangoBooks.com

F.S. Gitane DG-225 w/extras

musicofanaticmusicofanatic Swingville✭✭✭
edited September 2006 in Classifieds Posts: 38
Gitane, by Saga, DG-225, Selmer/Macaferri copy, Django-style guitar. Age unknown; I purchased it as-new, second hand. Solid spruce top, laminated rosewood back & sides, mahogany neck. As is well known, these gtrs ship new from the manufacturer with poor fretwork and action, inferior bridge and tuners and cheap strings no extra charge!). This gtr has had pro fret leveling and recrowning, a proper bridge made of old rosewood, new Grover tuners, and Argentine strings. Additionally, a Schatten pickup specifically designed for this type of gtr has been professionally installed. Owner/operators of higher end gtrs (DellAtre, etc.) have pronounced this gtr to be toneful and loud. I would deem the cosmetic condition to be very good, with a nominal asssortment of nicks, scratches, and normal play wear (I have maybe 50-75 hours on it). Great starter inst that would take you from first lessons to gigs. Includes original molded hsc and many extra strings.
If you added up the cost of a second-hand DG-225, professional fretwork, bridge fabrication, Grover tuning machines, Schatten p.u. and installation, you would have a figure much higher than my asking price of $500.00. $50.00 to ship in USA. USPS money order only. Contact Jon: musicofanatic*at*hotmail*dot*com
chomp, chomp, chomp, chomp...