DjangoBooks.com

NO Bireli at DFNW!

2»

Comments

• ChadChad Bellingham, WashingtonNew
    Some of you have absolutely no idea what it takes to arrange something like this. It is a huge undertaking. When you command as much star power as Bireli and some of these guys do you have to arrange many many accomodations to get all the ducks in a row for a show like this. Plane tickets, hotels food, all of this has to be done in a very specific manner to keep the musicians and everyone else happy. Then there is that little matter of trying to be profitable as well. I know Nick loves this music, but the guy has to make a living as well. Imagine what it would cost to fly 4 or 5 people from Paris business class, food conveyance etc... multiply that by 5 or so bands for a big festival like this, and that is a pretty big chunk of change. We are all human too. Bireli is an amazing guitar player, but he is human too, people sometimes break. It is none of our business what happened to Bireli or Ludovic at DFLA but rest assured there are probably good reasons for all of them.
    I think Nick does an amazing job. I can hardly wait till next year.
    Wholly Man
  • ChadChad Bellingham, WashingtonNew
    Besides all that, it was a great show!
    Wholly Man
  • dwannabedwannabe Coupeville, WashingtonNew
    Certainly large kudo's to Nick for another great DFNW. Yes, no Bireli but then we got Serge and the Schmits. Fantastic musicians! RNT just go a little further every year. I look forward to the whole thing again. As a side: Robin, Kevin, and Simon were hanging last night with Michael and friends at the Latona Pub in Seattle. I think few knew what was happening there. World class musicians having a drink and sitting in. Until nick took Simon away for an early flight!!
  • ronzoronzo AnacortesNew
    Thanks for the support Chad. I certainly have new respect for the WICA staff and particularly Nick and Alain.

Nobody knew Birelli was not going to appear until the week of the 11th, so it was not as if it was a screw up on Nicks part. The scrambling, changing and anxiety that was happening was beyond belief.

They all pulled it off in fine shape and deserve kudos, not sour grapes.

That said,,,, just wait til next year.

R
  • dwannabedwannabe Coupeville, WashingtonNew
    Thanks for setting us straight Chad. Most of us can not imagine what goes on behind the scene. Nick and his associates has really done a fantastic job at coraling so many from so far. Let's hope they can continue that energy.