DjangoBooks.com

DFNW 2006 observations

2»

Comments

• Michael,

It was so very nice to see you as well. And it was so great to put faces to all the people from the forums. Arch Top Eddy, you have a huge heart, its good a guy like you is on the scene. Wish to hear you play sometime. Kevin Nolan was just a gas to hang with. What a cool guy.
    I wish I could remember every ones name, because you were all so great. DFNW is like another planet where gypsy jazz is the water. You guys really put on a wonderful celebration. After hours at the edge cliff, man if every bar were like that, I would go out every night.
    Troy and Ted, it was really nice to meet you too. Your CD sounds excellent. We stayed at Adrianna's the first night, and listened to the whole CD. Oh, and it was great jamming with Ted the few times that we did. Wish we could have had some one on one. Everyone was so crazy busy and beautiful out there.
    You are all royalty in my book. Cant wait to see you again.
    Oh, and yes, Nick Lehr gets billion kudos. Thank you for making everything happen, and thanks to WICA. There is no doubt, Nick is one of the nicest people I have ever met, and he really knows what hes doing with these festivals.

Cheers to all

Ryan Flaherty
    Ameranouche
  • MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
    Hi Ryan,

Great to see you play! Thanks for coming all the way out from the East Coast. See you next year...

'm
  • Right back at you Michael! Maybe next year well get a chance to jam some, maybe sooner.
    I also wanted to note that I really enjoyed the Djangophiles and Hot Club Pacific. Loved jamming some of Dorado's tunes with the bass player from Djangophiles. Wow, he was all over the place on Friday night.
    It was real nice to jam Swanney River with Andreas. What fun!
    The boys from Hot club Pacific are a riot. Real good guys with lots of fire for this music. I think it was they who labled Ameranouche as Gypsy Thrash. Sorry we didnt play many ballads out there. Ha-ha!
    Krunos, wow, what a great player. There is no denying it.
    And also wanted to say it was so great to meet **** and Shelly Park. What great people. ANd of course, it was ever so great to see our good friend Michael Collins again.
    We all had a terrific time!

Anyway, is there anyone who will be releasing some footage from the festival anytime soon?

Keep us posted.

Ryan Flaherty
    Ameranouche