DjangoBooks.com

MySpace?

Comments

• andoatagnandoatagn Northampton, MAProdigy
    I am apparently the last person on the planet without a myspace page. I feel so, so...nubile.

I should take the plunge, I s'poze, with so many projects to promote, but how about you worldly types give me some advise. How can you make these pages as useful as possible? Oh... and easy and quick? Tips, tricks, do's don'ts...

You're the best. 'Specially you, Jack.

Andrew
  • Michael BauerMichael Bauer Chicago, ILProdigy Selmers, Busatos and more…oh my!
    Don't feel bad, Andrew, I don't have one either. Heck, I can't even figure out how to use my computer to record anything. I was a medievalist in grad school, if that tells you anything. Brilliant with some things, helpless with gizmos. I coined a term for myself: technotard. :wink:
    I've never been a guitar player, but I've played one on stage.
  • andoatagnandoatagn Northampton, MAProdigy
    Michael...that's brilliant, however unfortunate in this day and age. That gives me an idea for something we could offer at Django in June, you know. We could have someone do a session on computer/web resources for Gypsy jazz study. He/she could show people how to record using free, downloadable software, introduce folks to some of the more useful web sites, show them how to take advantage of all the rhythm tracks online, including how to speed them up or slow them down, etc. A lot of people who have gotten comfortable with this stuff forget that it can be pretty intimidating at first. Smart guy like you just needs a friendly intro. I'll think on it and maybe start another thread elsewhere... Your 'tard' days may be numbered!

Andrew
    djangoinjune.com
  • kidtulsakidtulsa New
    Here's our site. Enjoy!
    http://www.myspace.com/stolensweets
    best,
    Pete
  • djangologydjangology Portland, OregonModerator
    mine is:
    http://www.myspace.com/djangofan

There are two ways to create a myspace page. 1. As a individual who cannot post mp3s and 2. as a musician who CAN post mp3s. I recommend the latter, unlike what I did.
  • Michael BauerMichael Bauer Chicago, ILProdigy Selmers, Busatos and more…oh my!
    Andrew, I think that's a great idea! I know I would be interested, and I'll bet I wouldn't be alone. Using PC's to record (what I need, how I use it), or even all the ins and outs of Transcribe and Power Tab would be of great interest to me. I learned to play guitar dropping the needle on vinyl, and I haven't progressed much from there.
    I've never been a guitar player, but I've played one on stage.
  • Micky DunneMicky Dunne Liverpool UK✭✭✭✭ Olivier Marin, JWC Modele Orchestre, AJL La Flasque
    How about starting a section right here? I know I could certainly do with the help :roll:
    Fast and bulbous

www.manouchetones.com
  • LarssenLarssen Oslo, NorwayNew
    Here's ours My Space page:

http://www.myspace.com/pereinarwatletrio

Christian
  • Colin PerryColin Perry Montreal, QCNew
    Jack--

I'll see your two and raise you two:

Two bands I lead:
    www.myspace.com/colinperryandblind
    www.myspace.com/houserentserenaders

Two bands I work with regularly:
    www.myspace.com/bharathandhisrhythmfour
    www.myspace.com/140958123 (the Jamie Wood Band)

There will be a fifth one up soon, as soon as I get around to putting up one for the blues record I recorded this winter. Nothing to be ashamed of, I've gotten more work through myspace than I have through my webpage.
  • kimmokimmo Helsinki, Finland✭✭✭✭
    Ashamed to be the ultimate latecomer, but better late than never...

http://www.myspace.com/jazzpartout

Dont worry about the silence, your equipment is OK. I *HATE* background sounds, so i disabled the auto-play. In case you do want to hear our samples, just press play.